Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dr. Seuss's Birthday

On March 2nd, it was Dr. Seuss's birthday! Of course, we had to celebrate in Kindergarten! We celebrated on Friday and it was loads of fun. Miss Baker and I put up some bulletin boards a couple weeks before and we are still in the Dr. Seuss mode in our class. Here are some snipets of our classroom and that day. I hope you enjoy it!

To welcome everyone, I made this Cat in the Hat for the door. The kids loved it! However, it didn't stick very well so it came off after a day or two. :(

 Here's the bulletin board I did! They each decorated their own socks and the clothespins have their names on them. :)

 All of our Dr. Seuss books on the chalk tray so that they could draw their favorite Dr. Seuss character. These were pretty good. Scroll down to see some. :) 

I'm working on expanding my own library so I purchased "Fox in Socks" and "Bartholemew and the Oobleck" especially for this day. :)

Warning! There are some fabulous artists in this class. I'm pretty sure that some of them can draw better than me. :) This is The Grinch, of course, with a Christmas tree. 

Joshua's picture consisted of many of Dr. Seuss's characters including Cat in the Hat, The Grinch, and Thing 1 and Thing 2. :)

 Yes, I realize this is upside down, but I'm not totally sure how to fix it so you get a picture of Cat in the Hat standing on his head. I thought this one was very well done! :)

 A drawing of Mr. Fox. That's probably better than my fox! Ha!
Another one of our bulletin boards. 

Miss Baker has some really cool Dr. Seuss book covers to hang up around the classroom. 

More Dr. Seuss books!

Yet some more! I hope to collect all of these books someday. :)

And some more!

My nice friend Darla let me borrow her Dr. Seuss hat! The kids loved it! And I had fun wearing it. Here are some pictures teaching that day. 

Another one. And no, those kids aren't just standing for no reason. They have to stand up when they answer a question and I believe they were both reading words off the board. 

 When Miss Baker bought those book covers, they came with characters about each book. So cute! 

After reading "Bartholemew and the Oobleck," I let them play with their own oobleck that I made. They thought this was the coolest thing ever!

 Can you see their excitement!? :)

Haha I just love this picture. Jared is so into this! And made a big mess, of course. 

The whole class while playing with the oobleck.  

 Miss Baker reading another Dr. Seuss book before the day is over. 

Dr. Seuss hats! Sadly, we didn't get a whole class picture with me in mine. :(

Cute! :)

:)

Dismissal! 

Posing with my bulletin board. :)

We tried to do a fun Dr. Seuss snack, but it was a total flop so we just did it on Monday. :) Here's some green eggs for ya! (Vanilla pudding with green food coloring and vanilla wafers.)

Oh, and we can't forget our stuffed Cat in the Hat! He was partying with us!

 Yep, they're pretty cute!

Posed picture. :)

Overall, it was a great day! It was a lot of fun. I'm glad that Dr. Seuss's birthday only comes once a year, though. I am teaching numbers and P.E. for the first time tomorrow so that should be interesting. Next week I teach the entire day! Yikes! Thanks for all your support and prayers. :)

1 comment: