Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Great End to a Great Week

So, this post is about a week late. These events took place last weekend, after the crazy week. On Friday, Miss Baker was gone, so I taught everything, all day long. It was pretty good. The best part is that we had a snow delay on Friday. Well, it was more like an ice delay. I came out to see my car covered in sheets of ice. Ice that couldn't be broken or scraped. So, I just had to wait. I don't think I can ever remember seeing, or scraping, ice this thick. Of course, I had to document this experience. 

This first picture shows my car before any scraping had been done, with many icicles hanging off the front. 

Side view. And yes, the ground was covered with ice also. But, you see that guy up there in back of the truck? Yep, he's working on the slick ground part. And one of them even helped me scrape my windshield. :)

Close up of the icicles hanging off the front. 

Love the icicles hanging off the side mirrors. 

Finally got that pesky ice scraped off, after waiting for it to melt a little bit. 

 When it melted slightly, it actually came off pretty easily. 

Because of the delay, our schedule was a little messed up. We had recess in our room where they could play with the toys they brought. 

No, this picture isn't posed. They were pretending to be Miss Baker and read stories to each other. :)

Some fun games going on! 

That evening, some friends and I went to Winter Jam! Here is Matthew trying to figure out the high tech parking meter thingy. 

Meanwhile, the rest of us freeze. 

I saw this sign and just had to get a picture of us "singing" by it. :)

One cute couple . . .

The other cute couple. My cute couple was split up due to Josh working hard. I don't mind, though. :)

Cute couple picture. :)

I wanted to take a picture by myself, but Christianna insisted that she be in it. Lol. 

Cool view from up here! 

 I don't think I've ever seen this angle of the skyline before . . . 

Finally in line with all these people. We actually got pretty good seats, though. 

As we were struggling to take a picture of ourselves, a nice lady offered to take it for us. Yep, I'm the awkward one. Haha!

 Inside of the Reds' stadium. I've never been in there so I was amused by it. :)

Us waiting for the concert to start. 

I know . . . the famous bad concert picture. But, I just had to. 

On another note, while Miss Baker was gone she got engaged! Mrs. Daniels bought ring pops for the girls to celebrate. Here they all are with their rings. :)

Now, the boys weren't so thrilled but we still got them suckers and made them take a picture. Miss Baker was explaining that someday, they can find a good girl and give her a ring. One boy said, "Yes!" and another one said, "I think I will still like Transformers." Haha we got a good laugh out of that one. :)

This past week I have been teaching one half of the entire school day. Next week, I will begin teaching only the other half of the school day. The week after that I will start teaching the entire day! Ahh! I can't believe that I have already completed 6 weeks of student teaching. I am now on the downward spiral. I am thoroughly enjoying it and I think I will like it more when I'm teaching the full day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...fun post! Congrats to Miss Baker! Yay for you...6 weeks already done! Wow! And love the fun concert pics & especially the singing Cincinnati pic! Love!

    ReplyDelete