Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dr. Seuss's Fox in Socks!

Dr. Seuss's birthday is next week, I believe. Therefore, we are decorating our classroom all Dr. Seuss-like. :) The bulletin board I put up was quite the process so I thought I would document it here. Enjoy!

So, first I wrote all the kiddo's names on clothespins to hang up their sock that they color. 

Next, I had my sweet boyfriend help me cut the socks out. This was on Valentine's Day, mind you. Did I mention he is sweet? :)

Here is all of the socks cut out! 

 Next step . . . Draw the fox. Now this seems simple, especially when you have talented artist friends like I do. However, after Montana drew the fox, I majorly butchered it by "tracing" the line. Obviously I didn't trace something right. Lol. Yes, it looks slightly devilish. After realizing something was wrong, I was like, "Guys, what did I do wrong?" They both started laughing hysterically  We figured out that I colored the opposite part black. Lol. It was hilarious, I just wasn't sure what we were going to do about it. 

Alas, Montana to the rescue! She had the brilliant idea of cover Mr. Fox's eyes up with white paper and correcting the problem. 

 Here she is trying so diligently to make the wrong become right, or at least decent. 

So, here is what we came up with. Now, I still wasn't too sure if it looked normal, but we shall see. 

Some of my P.E. girls helped me out by gluing the socks onto green paper and cutting them out. I greatly appreciated that! :) 

All of the socks and mess!

So, after I got everything up there, I don't think it turned out half bad. :) In fact, I even like it! 

Here's a bulletin board the Miss Baker did. 

I'm sure you will see more posts about Dr. Seuss's birthday shortly! As for this week, it is insanely busy. We put Spanish Bibles together to ship all over the world today. Tomorrow, the zoo is coming to our classroom. And on Friday and Monday, Miss Baker is going to be gone. Which means (gasp!) that I am teaching everything. Although, it will be nice because she won't be evaluating me. :) Have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. Love!!! The bulletin board is adorable! Yay for crafty friends! And here's a shout-out for you for Friday ~ you can do it, girl!!

    ReplyDelete