Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Classroom Tour

So, I've been thinking it is time for a classroom tour. I just gotta say that I love Miss Baker's classroom! It's so bright, cheery, and organized! :) So, here it goes.

Here's the sign on the outside of our door. :) 

My cute little name tag. Miss Baker changes them depending on the time of year. 

 My bags hanging up on my hook. 

All of the kiddos' hooks. 

 This is what it looks like with all of the students coats, lunchboxes, and water bottles there. Luckily, they put their backpacks somewhere else, so it doesn't get too messy. 

Our behavior chart. They start on green and go to yellow, red, then black. 

Miss Baker's cute shelves with all of here "If You Give A . . ." books and her stuffed animals. I forgot to get a picture of her desk, though. 

View of the classroom. This isn't normally how it is setup. We have to set it up this way for church nights because they use our classroom. 

 Here is how it is setup normally. I absolutely love the carpet! 

My little desk . . . also where the kids "feed the giraffe" if they are being good and where they put their bucket filler notes.

Cute parent board! I did the ice cream scoop. :) 

 A sweet bucket filler note from Noah. :) 

Oh, and on a side note we got some snow last night! We even had a snowball fight and made a snowman. :) However, it didn't stick around long, which means no snow day. :(

I know that I didn't get every part of our classroom so the rest will come at a later date. :) As an actual update, tomorrow I start teaching phonics or reading groups, depending on the day. I'm kinda looking forward to adding another subject. I think it will flow better and it will be easier to use classroom management techniques, etc. :) Bible has gone exceptionally better this week! My problem student is doing a  lot better and I feel as if I am more relaxed while I am teaching. I definitely have room to improve but I feel as if it is a little more natural now. It has been so fun to interact with these kids every day! I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the days ahead. :) 

1 comment: