Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Zoo Day

This week was a crazy one! On Tuesday, we helped put Bibles together. The church affiliated with the school had a goal of printing, assembling and shipping 1 million Spanish Bibles all over the world. They surpassed their goal! It was fun to work on this with them. They did such a great job. :) 

Now, for zoo day! This was the very next day so we had a busy two days. I borrowed Christianna's zebra print scarf for the occasion. :)

A sort-of-zooish Wonder, Draw, and Tell page. 

I even found some zoo themed silly bands a couple days before to give out to well-behaved students. 

The highlight of our day . . . a lady from the zoo coming! And bringing animals, of course. The kids were so incredibly excited they could barely contain themselves! :)

We picked the topic of the five senses for her to talk about. She used Mr. Potato Head to demonstrate. She was really good with the kids. 

Her first visitor, Goblin, some kind of owl. Goblin is full grown. (I'm thankful for the paper she held underneath.)

Mr. Potato Head just watching everything. 

She talked about how the owl has great vision but not very good hearing . . . I think. Lol I even learned some stuff! I was impressed that Lauren K. knew what nocturnal meant. We sure didn't teach her that!

They got to pet the bottom of the owl's tail. They were so ecstatic about this . . . well most of them. :)

We even got to see Goblin flap his (or her?) wings!

Her next guest, an alligator by the name of Keystone. Now, I wasn't too fond of Keystone. And neither were some of the kids . . . more than Goblin of course. 

 Joshua seems a little afraid but I believe that he touched it in the end. 

Here she is talking about the alligator's senses. 

 A view from way in back. 

Jack touching the nasty thing. :) 

 I made the alphabet out of zebra and leopard print felt. These were fun! 

 :) 

Yes, this was a forced smile because I had to take a second picture. Lol. 

I found this cool owl template online that you can type in whatever you wanted it to say. Perfect for thank you notes. :) 

 Jared playing with my monkey learning game . . . or "Ba Ba Monkey" as he calls it. Surprisingly, he asks to play it quite a bit. :) 

 Silly boys! 

Well, I hope you enjoyed our zoo day, cuz I did! It was so much fun and the kids loved it! It is so fun to work with such energetic children. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute, fun day! Love all your creativity! WTG, MISS WOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete