Wednesday, April 23, 2014

He is Risen!

Since I have been at college for the last four years, I haven't been home for Easter. It was a joy to be home this year to celebrate with my family. :) Here are some pictures of the resurrection day of our Lord. Enjoy!

We started off the day bright and early with our sunrise service, one of my favorite things!

 Our choir sang two songs. I loved being a part!

The kid's choir sand a song also. :)

Me and Maddy girl. 

Josh and I. :)

 Stephanie and I. We make a great team!

Josh and I's Easter loot. It was funny because we bought each other some of the exact same candy.

 Sophia and I.


Some of the cutest boys in the world. Josh made both bowties so we had to get a picture. 

Pretty flowers at grandma's house. 


 We just had to dye eggs. This year we tried two new ways. The first one was with shaving cream. All you do is put shaving cream in a pan, swirl in some food coloring, and then roll the eggs around. Let them set for 10 minutes, then wipe off the shaving cream. They look pretty cool when they are done! My sister and my new cousin, Pui, who is also pregnant right now. Can't wait to have some kids in our family again. :) 


 The other new way we tried was very "granola." First, we found some leaves and flowers from outside. Next, you "glue" them on the eggs by using water. Then you wrap them in pantyhose and tie them off. Then you boil them with onion peels (weird, I know). They actually look pretty cool in the end. 


 Now, here's the "normal" way of dying eggs. Even Josh wanted participate.

 And, my cousin Chad who thought dying eggs was lame at the beginning. Ha!

Elisabeth, Paul (one of my aunt and uncle's foreign exchange students), Ken, and Pui. 

Now, this is what the adults do. More realistically, this is what my mom and dad do. Party poopers. Next time we need to dye their ears or something. 

Some of the finished products. These were the shaving cream eggs.


 I love how this one turned out. 

Some of the "normal" dyed eggs. 

 The onion dyed eggs. You can also use different color onions to dye them!


This Easter is has been amazing to remember Christ's sacrifice for us and all the world. He willingly gave up his life for us. Wow! That truth humbles me and makes me want to serve him all the more. Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Loved this, Rae! :) Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!! I love this whole post! You got some really cool eggs!!! I am impressed.
    And a picture of the choir! YAY!!!
    It was a great Easter day, wasn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the onion died eggs, super cool idea, even if it may be a bit "granola" ;)

    ReplyDelete