Friday, May 2, 2014

The Great Outdoors

It has been so nice recently, we have been spending some time outside. But first, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but our garden has officially died. We were doing great, with at least three small plants. One day, they looked a little yellow, the next day they were gone for. So sad. We were getting so excited too. Before I took a picture, my husband threw the poor plants aways. I guess we're going to buy some big plants to replace those. Thank you for your thoughts during this difficult time for us. 

Now, on to more happy things! :)

Our community has a youth appreciation day every spring. It is very cool because they offer fun things to do, and it is mostly free. They only charge for food, but it is very cheap. We volunteered to take our pastor's kids and they had a blast! This is Maddy going down one one of the bounce house slides. 

They got to put out a "fire" with a real fire hose. They were pretty thrilled about this and it didn't disappoint . . . besides the fact they ran out of cool fireman hats they were giving out! 

Sitting in the fire truck. 

Grant saw some kids roll down this hill, and he just had to do it. He loved it and it entertained him for awhile while Maddy was getting her face painted. 

Josh and I went exploring one evening and found this secluded river access point. Such a cool little place. 



 Josh saw a beaver when we first arrived so he was trying to find it's dam, to no avail.


Josh was told this was where one of the stagecoach weigh stations used to be. Pretty cool if you ask me. 

 We found some pretty daisies along the road on our drive.

We came to the conclusion that all of the yellow out there was from the same kind of daisies along the road. 

My daisy bouquet. :)

I hope this awesome weather stays around. It is 82 degrees here today. I LOVE IT! :)

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! Love your pictures. Sorry about your poor plants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this fun post friend!:) Love the daisies- so cute...reminds me of your weddings last summer-super adorable:)

    ReplyDelete