Friday, May 23, 2014

On the Last Day of School . . .

I knew what the last day of school felt like as a student, but this was the first time I got to experience it as a teacher.

 On the last day of school . . .

My students wrote about all the exciting things they were planning for the summer (this was more like the last week of school, but it still counts).

My desk looked like this as I was cleaning.

I bought myself a celebration breakfast, complete with two donuts and a coffee drink.

I enjoyed my maple bar immensely.

I enjoyed my glazed twist with delight.

I enjoyed my Milky Way blended-ice drink like it was going out of style.

 The counter was cluttered as I was putting everything away.

I received a sweet gift from one of the kindergarten teachers.

I took down my fun bulletin boards.

I became a stapler-remover expert.

I filled buckets, which in turned filled children with joy. 

I watched the kids get wet while playing Drip, Drip, Drop (similar to Duck, Duck, Goose).

I ate a tasty Subway sandwich my wonderful husband brought me, all because I forgot the lunch I took the effort to pack.

I helped a friend remove the paper from gobs of crayons. 

I stood outside with friends as the we said goodbye to our students for the summer.

We all watched and waved as the last bus of children departed.

I remembered all the things I learned this year. 
I sat in my empty classroom and thought of all the students who sat in those chairs.
I wondered if I had done my best to inspire them.
I thought of the future and where I will be next year.
I felt sad to see the kids go . . . some to happy homes, some to not-so-happy homes.
I was blessed to be able to impact children's lives in such an important way.

Colossians 3:23
"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord, rather than for men, . . ."



1 comment:

  1. Whoot! Yay for a good first year:) Thanks for letting me come visit. You are an amazing teacher friend, proud of you!:)

    ReplyDelete