Tuesday, January 15, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Student Teaching . . .

Well, it's here. Student teaching is finally here. I can hardly believe it. After three and a half years of waiting, I'm actually doing it. Yes, this task does sound a bit daunting. But, I know that I have studied and am prepared for it as well as I can be. I will be starting my third day of student teaching tomorrow but I just wanted to give you a glimpse into the preparations for my first day were. So, here it goes. 
Fridge stocked? Check! By my lovely boyfriend, I might add. :) 


Snack bin stocked? Check! Also, by my boyfriend. :)

 The sweet snack bin stocked? Check! Also by my boyfriend and his family. :) 

More snacks and some comfy PJ's? Check! A Christmas present from a special friend, mind you.

Peanut butter and (homemade) jam sandwich made? Check! Thanks Grandma, for the jam! :) And don't you love my table? Ha. 

New student teaching bag all packed? Check! Let me just say that I love Target! And my sort-of-professional bag. :)

Outfit picked out? Check! By the way, both the sweater and skirt were thrift store finds! :)

Alarm set to 5:30? Gulp. Check! Plus a friend or two to make sure I was up. :)

Ok, so that is the extent of the preparations the night before. But I just can't stop there! So, here are my morning preparations. 
 Lunch box packed to the brim? Check! The cute lunch box is from Josh's family for Christmas. I just love it!  And it's useful, which makes it even better. :)

So, I wanted a picture of my whole ensemble (which I didn't realize all matched until the picture) and luckily found my friend Tiffany who was awake enough to take one. Yep, it's early. And yep, this hall is notorious for awful pictures. But, hey, it's gotta happen. :) 

Breakfast? Check! Well, the little bit that I could eat before I had to rush to my car. 

As I was getting all ready, I realized that I hadn't been to the school in about a month so I wanted to make sure that I still remembered how to get there. So, directions? Check! 

So, I arrived safe and sound. Although it took me awhile to get up the nerve to actually get out of my car and go in, I made it. I survived the first day. Actually two days! This picture is actually after school, but you get the picture. Ha. 

Can't forget my trusty water bottle my sis got me for Christmas! This thing has proven itself over and over as I attempt to drink more water throughout the day. 

Our playground that I will hopefully get to visit once the weather warms up. 

 View from the road of the front of the school. Yes, you can't see much, but it's there. 

My cooperating teacher gave this Student Teacher Survival Kit on the first day. I love it! It was so cute. I think I will do a more detailed post at a later date. But for now, this will suffice. 

Well, all in all, I have enjoyed my time thus far. Those kindergardeners have already stolen my heart and the 6th through 9th graders always keep it interesting! I am excited for tomorrow! 





3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! Love. this. post.!!! You did good!! I loved seeing all about the preparations and your darling outfit and all the food (ummm...wow!) and Miss Matchy-Match and your adorable professional bag! You go, Miss Wood! :)

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! yes, Stephanie, our little RaeRae can out eat almost anyone! We have always been amazed at her need for "fuel intake".

      Delete
  2. I love the "play by play" account of your first day routine! Thanks for taking time to share it with us. Your outfit was remarkable and I applaud your ability to find such lovely things at a thrift shop. (a woman after my own heart!)
    Good job, Josh, on helping provide fuel for that hungry woman you are fond of <3

    ReplyDelete